Oftentimes manufacturers will look for a custom metal fabricator based on capabilities, production, or process. In many cases, they end up with multiple vendors to accomplish the necessary steps required to create the desired end component to their specifications. Unfortunately, this can lead to some challenges in quality, cost control, and communication that could negatively impact the efficiency of the production process.
Instead of sourcing multiple vendors, manufacturers should look for a full-service sheet metal fabrication company to achieve more control over cost and quality and ensure the delivery of high-quality products that exceed expectations. Here are some things you should know when looking for a full-service partner.
What Does It Mean to Be a Full-Service Sheet Metal Fabrication Company?
A full-service sheet metal fabrication company has different departments specializing in different duties and responsibilities all under one roof. For a metal fabrication scompany to be considered full-service, it must have multiple in-house capabilities.
Some of these capabilities could include the following:
- Hardware insertion
- Spot Welding
- Inspection and Quality Control
- Powder Coating
Benefits of Working With a Full-Service Sheet Metal Fabrication Company
Some of the benefits of working with a full-service metal fabrication service like Pyramid Fab and Finish include:
- In-house manufacturing: One of the biggest benefits of our precision sheet metal fabrication techniques is that all manufacturing, with the exception of some welding services, is done in-house. Meaning your parts will not be moved to different vendors throughout the manufacturing process. As a result, we can carefully monitor your project from the first stage to the last.
- Customer service: A full-service fabricator is more likely to be more familiar with their clients, the needs, and their projects. When dealing with many vendors, you may not know where your part is or the status of your project at any given time. If your partner with a full-service company, you’ll know who to contact to learn about the status of your project.
- Reduced costs: Generally speaking, full-service fabricators will be cheaper than using multiple vendors. Also, keep in mind full-service companies don’t need to worry about the costs of transporting parts from one facility to another, and therefore transfer these cost savings to the client.
- Continuity in technology and processes: Another advantage of working with a full-service metal fabrication company is that the prototypes and the production parts are produced on the same machinery. Meaning, you get a final part that functions exactly as the prototype used for testing.
- Communication: When you work with a full-service metal fabricator, miscommunication is less likely to occur, and when it does, it can be corrected quickly. All production is done in-house, and if there is any confusion, it is easy for one department to communicate with the other department to clear things up.
- Time: A full-service fabrication company is ideal if time is of the essence. A full-service metal fabricator doesn’t need to send the parts to other vendors or wait for design information or materials. Therefore, they can get the parts to you quickly.
Pyramid Fab and Finish: Your One-Stop Full-Service Metal Fabrication Company
From simple to complex parts, Pyramid Fab and Finish delivers superior products and exceptional customer service. At Pyramid Fab and Finish, we leverage sheet metal fabrication techniques to create high-quality precision components for customers in various industries. We provide accurate one-stop-shop solutions for our clients owing to a fully stocked, highly advanced production facility. In most cases your project will ship complete with no outsourcing required. Regardless of your sheet metal fabrication requirements, we have the skills and tools to meet them.
Contact us today for more information.Contact Us